6502 error with canon 4300

dsixteen

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
hi guys. i'm having 6502 error code with my pixma 4300. i know its something with my printhead. i have 2 printheads. when i use my other printhead there is no problem. i found this on other site but didnt work.

from another site

HOW TO RESET the Error code 6502 for CANON ip4300 ? maybe following tips can help you:

1, With the printer unplug, remove the ink cart to the right ,

2,Plug in the printer ,Press the POWER button, Do not release the POWER button ,and then press the RESUME button twice in succession .Now release the POWER button ,press the RESUME button 4 times .

3,The beeper may sound once ,Then With the printer unplug ,after that reset the printer electronics ,open the printer and this process is finished.

Grandad35

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900 (plus 5 spares)
That sequence is described in more detail at (http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=869#p869), but you have to wait after you release the "power on" button until the printer stops blinking before pressing the resume button 4 more times. You also have to press the power button to actually execute the command. This appears to be the "Reset the waste ink counter" - is that what you want to do?

dsixteen

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
i dont think my printers problem is waste ink reset. cuz if i use my second printhead printer keeps printing ok. is that error code has ony other means