5 step guide to Printing cd/dvd Pixma 3000, 4000, 5000 {USA models}

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Wow, that is one cool mod! Hey KnightCrawler, did you try it? Thanks for posting that.

KnightCrawler

Printer Guru
Reaction score
nifty-stuff.com said:
Wow, that is one cool mod! Hey KnightCrawler, did you try it? Thanks for posting that.
Yeah I tried it and it works well, I recommend some kind of test disc until you get everything aligned but once you do then you can just print away and make beautiful CD's and DVD's.

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Or, in a less complicated manner, there are excellent software programs that you can use to design your labels in....such as Sure Thing Labeller.
Then you can just press file/print....no screwdriver needed.

KnightCrawler

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Manuchau said:
Or, in a less complicated manner, there are excellent software programs that you can use to design your labels in....such as Sure Thing Labeller.
Then you can just press file/print....no screwdriver needed.
1. Cost extra money
2. You have to mess with applying stickers
3. If the sticker is off center there is a chance it might shatter and detroy your DVD player

The mod is free and once set up is pretty damn easy to use. The media cost the same as standard DVD media.

and the results:
fulldvd.jpg

LinkinParkIM14

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I've tried this two times now. I dont know if im not making the cd tray correctly or what, it's getting irritating, and i'm wasting good cereal boxes. LOL. I dont know what to do, i thought maybe there was too much gap between the top and the cutout spaces so i shortened it, multiple time. A couple of times it sucked it up but then spit it back out saying that it was a incompatible cd (which i disabled the checking for) or the cd tray isn't install. Ughhh what to do, what to do?

KnightCrawler

Printer Guru
Reaction score
LinkinParkIM14 said:
I've tried this two times now. I dont know if im not making the cd tray correctly or what, it's getting irritating, and i'm wasting good cereal boxes. LOL. I dont know what to do, i thought maybe there was too much gap between the top and the cutout spaces so i shortened it, multiple time. A couple of times it sucked it up but then spit it back out saying that it was a incompatible cd (which i disabled the checking for) or the cd tray isn't install. Ughhh what to do, what to do?
The bottom layer is easy but finding cardboard that is as thick as a cd is kinda hard.

Maybe you could take a picture or scan you tray you made ?

PS: I had to make 4 tray to get it exactly right.

Basically you need to do this:

1. Make the tray as best you can.
2. Design the label in the cd label print { make sure you use the right size paper template }
3. Hit print and then click on whatever else it ask and wait until it tells you to insert the tray.
4. When it tells you Slide your cardboard tray all the way in until it stops and then hit the resume button.

LinkinParkIM14

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I had my dad make one (he's a perfectionist) and still no go. So the thickness makes a difference? Ill post a link to the pictures soon. I'm in the process of moving my site to a new host.