4x6 picture help pleeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssseeeeeee!

andy1974

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
ive just bought a epson c46 printer.problem is i cant seem to print of a full pic 6x4 and it keep cutting the head off of all the pics!! i use camedia master and tried all the options on there and no joy.ive also tried adobe photoshot and loads of other programs and still no joy!

what am i doing wrong??

please help

andy

Grandad35

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900 (plus 5 spares)
Andy,

I suspect that your images are from a camera with an aspect ratio other than 3:2 (e.g. 4:3 or 5:4). Right click on one of your images and select "Properties". Select the "Summary" tab, then "Advanced>>". This will give you the "Width" and "Height" (in Pixels). If the ratio of these 2 values isn't 3:2 (or 2:3) the image won't fit perfectly onto a 4x6 print. When this happens, most printing packages blindly cut off the sides (or top and bottom, depending on whether it is a landscape or portrait orientation) to fill out the 4x6 space.

Since you have PhotoShop, try using the "Canvas" command to add extra pixels to bring your image into a 3:2 ratio. However, be sure to use a background color other than pure white (255/255/255 - I use 254/254/254). The problem with pure white is that some printer drivers (e.g. HP) "help" you by stripping off any white borders - if this happens the image will still be cropped.

If you are serious about your printing, look into "Qimage" to handle your printing. It offers many advantages over other printing packages, one of which is the ability to disable "auto-cropping".

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Check and see if your sofware has something like a "maintain aspect ratio" or a "shrink images to fit" command...most software has one or both.

If so, try experimenting with them..and good luck!!