3rd Party suppliers

Music Image

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
foto,
Yes I have already replaced my BCI3eBK and I always use plain paper setting. Ive hardly used any canon paper at all. Ive experimented quite a bit with the driver settings and this I know, (and as far as Im aware, its not mentioned in any of canons help files but I might be wrong) if you dont match windows settings to the settings in the app youre using (I usually print from WORD) you can get conflicts and things not doing what you think youve set them to do. Though this excerpt from a windows help article seems to be talking about page orientation, and size, I wonder too if you have to match the other settings. I know I had to do quite a bit of fiddling to get my margins where I wanted them and I had to go and change things twice, or they wouldnt work.

"Are the page size and orientation settings correct?
Paper size and page orientation can be set in Windows and in many programs. Problems can result if these settings are incorrect or do not match each other."

Im not sure where greyscale comes into play with all this, but I use Draft mode quite a bit too. I actually thought you had to use draft mode to only use the BCI3 tank. Again I could be wrong. Its a while since I read up on it.

Thanks for your comments
Music Image

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Each software package has its own quirks regarding page setup, margins, etc. I've found that Word is one of the more peculiar ones. I use both Word and Wordperfect and prefer Wordperfect for several reasons - including simpler page setup that stays with the document and the view screen that permits you to see all formatting code and edit it.

The BCI-3ebk cart is used when plain paper is selected. I don't know about what happens with the draft setting.