3D Printing Best Modeling / Creation Software?

ninj

Print Addict
Reaction score
I've just watched my third tutorial in the FreeCAD Academy series. It constructs a simple part with a hole in it. The tutorial is in two parts. First it creates the part the way the official documentation says to do it. Then it shows that if you do this and subsequently make any changes the (worm)hole reappears on a different side from where it was before. So the second part of the tutorial says, no don't do what the documentation says. Do it this way (which is more complicated but works).

At least the tutorial is honest. It's describing the product, warts and all.
There is a forked version of Freecad (eventually to be merged with the official version) that solves this problem and allows the less complicated method to work properly. See the video series I linked to above for details.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
At least the tutorial is honest. It's describing the product, warts and all.
For starters, I’m not a great one for videos, concentration goes out the window after a minute or two, the next thing I find very difficult with FreeCad, it goes into parallel’s, verticals, angle and degrees, there’re all great but.

My knowledge of these things are very (Limited), I know what verticals and horizontals are, and I’m know what squares, circles and triangles look like, after that I’m pissing up a rope, I was on another planet when they were been taught in school.. (Dunce)
I did pick this up.. “The hypophysis of the triangle is perpendicular to the throb of the nob”..

I prefer to see the code in front of me in numbers and letters, that I can work with it, I hate having my hand held like in these Feckin videos, “its” do as I say, and that sets off the alarm bells in my head, I shut down..

OpenScad uses numbers and letters and that’s why it works for me, I tried some of the things on the (cheat sheet) but found most of them time consuming and useless because I couldn’t manipulate most of them enought to use them in my own projects.

P.S. The human mind is multi-complex. Mine is still IN construction, the placement of chairs is proving very complex.. No final date on completion..

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
“The hypophysis of the triangle is perpendicular to the throb of the nob”..
Cheeky monkey! :lol::lol::lol:

1. Hypophysis is a pituitary gland. Hypotenuse concerns triangles.
2. Are you sure it isn't a right triangle you're measure the angle of the dangle?
3. How did this make it past Management??? Elbows bad but nob throbing OK!

Good craic!

1631880639711.png

OMG. It does kinda sorta look like part of you know! Freakin The Hat is a genius. Well, maybe just a savant. :bow