Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
That said, I just bought a CR-10

Congrats!!!!

Nifty,
I think like you and am a bit OCDC about cost. I drive some PPL around me crazy obsessing.
Yeah, I honestly try to tone-down my OCD when I'm around other people. Sometimes I'm not as successful as I should be ;)

You will be shocked ; ) on what you discover the draw that apparently turned off items in the house like power bars have.
Yup, I was there before... even posted about it in my "how to save electricity" blog post. That said, I'm at the point now where my laziness with some stuff has outpaced my OCD around costs. So, I'm caring less about vampire loads.

Next I bought a whole house monitor system that shows me real time what the house is drawing and I can check out each breaker's load.
I've totally been looking into those! I think the idea is brilliant! I LOVE that they use algorithms to determine which appliance, etc. is using the load, and for things they don't know, you can enter the info and then that helps them learn for others that may have the same devices.

Which one did you get? How was the installation process? Did you have to clamp to the main lines? My big hesitation is I want a really nice one that also supports monitoring of my solar array.