3D Printer Nozzle Quality Comparison

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
OK. I get your point but, all the same, isn't nice that Ruby nozzle ? ...:D

Don't pay much attention to what I write here lately. I'm frustrated, warped and sliced awaiting the arrival of my printer, hopefully before the end of this month. :rolleyes:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I'm frustrated, warped and sliced awaiting the arrival of my printer, hopefully before the end of this month.
That's great news, now all you got to do is find a spot to put her... :thumbsup

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
For most filaments a good quality brass nozzle is fine. Hardened steel is good for any abrasive filaments, and in between you can get copper with a plating that is quite good too.
A Silicone sock is also worthwhile as it helps to keep the temperature consistent and also helps stop filament sticking on the sides of the nozzle and affecting print quality.

Another handy tool is long tweezers so you can easily remove the filement that has oozed out just before a print starts. You can also get fancy and add a silicone brush and add code to your starting Gcode so that it scrubs the nozzle on the brush before starting a print.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
I've watched a lot of videos that talk about brass nozzles getting wrecked printing filaments containing wood, carbon, and even glow-in-dark.

... but I'm boring and only print boring PLA, so I've not had any issues so far that require me to replace nozzles or go for anything harder (or more expensive) than brass.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
@Nifty

I was underwhelmed by the appearance of the wood infused filaments - very sloppy/rough looking and did not look very wood-like at all. The shotgun reminded me of a toy back in the 60's.

Then I saw a video advertised at the end of the firearm video and my mind was changed,

Pre- and Post-processing truly make a difference. Wow. :thumbsup

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Ya, with a lot of this stuff we definitely keep our expectations in-check / relative to the situation. LOL!

(for example: today on "pi day" I go into buying pizza from Little Caesars for $6 with relatively mediocre expectations)
LOL!