3D print to make your Dog Happy…

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2010
Messages
16,254
Reaction score
9,191
Points
453
Location
Residing in Wicklow Ireland
Printer Model
Now have 3 Ender-3 V3 Plus SE/
I’m still amazed at all the things you can make with a 3D Printer.
My Ted tears all the hair from any tennis ball I give him, which he then splits into two half’s, and that makes them not much good for anything… I’ve lost more than 30 balls in six months..
Then I got the idea to print a 3D ball for him, it's the same size as a tennis ball and is 70% solid, I reckon this should stop him from carving them up in 5 minutes flat..
P.S. I got another ball cooking on my other printer right now..
Teds Ball.jpg click to enlarge...
 
Wow, 5 balls a month!?!?

Don't they make awesome chew toys specifically designed for that kind of abuse!?!?

Very interesting to print a ball / toy! Is it PLA?

Keep us posted with what happens with it as time goes on!
 
Just be careful with the PLA as it can be very brittle and sharp which will not go down well if swallowed or may cut Ted's mouth. The otherr issue at least with humans is bacteria. PLA is not suitable for food use as it harbours bacteria due to it's porosity and inablity to clean it properly.
 
this should stop him from carving them up in 5 minutes flat..
Yes. The new ball will take 6 minutes flat. :lol:

I once knew a dog that chewed up galvanized buckets for fun. Impressive.
 
I once knew a dog that chewed up galvanized buckets for fun. Impressive.
This little guy is only a puppy..
I’ve just made another one and I’m going to make yet another tomorrow, but this time use only 15% fill to see how he get on with the lighter ball..

Untitled-1111.jpg click to enlarge..
 
This little guy is only a puppy..
This isn't a fact without pics!!! ;)

I’ve just made another one and I’m going to make yet another tomorrow, but this time use only 15% fill to see how he get on with the lighter ball..
Would love to see pics of him playing with it, and also some pics after it's been in-use for a few days (and weeks if they survive that long)!
 
This isn't a fact without pics!!!
I’ve continued to make him a few extra things to chew on, first the green ball then the red/black one , next a blue then a yellow ball, I then made him a bone (20% fill) and it didn’t last 30 minutes.
Untitled-1234.jpg P1010848.jpg

I moved on to the yellow bone (25% fill) and he only got a couple of days out of that one, time for a rethink, and so I made him the latest yellow 75% bone , now we’re cooking with gas, then I made him yet another yellow ball and both have passed the chew test with honours..
4006.jpg Untitled-1501.jpg 4005.jpg Untitled-1236.jpg

You wanted a few Pic of the little rascal, and some of the Pics looks like he wouldn’t harm a fly, and others where he takes to the sky to catch one of his many balls, and then runs out of steam..
Ted 6.jpg Untitled-2.jpg Untitled-1302.jpg
4007.jpgUntitled-1401.jpg 4001.jpg Untitled-1.jpg Untitled-4.jpg Untitled-1501.jpg
P.S. Blame @Nifty for dog photos in the 3D printer section…:lol:
 
A+++ on the Ted photos.

What a little rascal. He loves to mug it up for the camera. One picture he's pretending to be Bugs Bunny with the carrot in his mouth, in another he's pretending to be Buddha, and in another he's sitting in the doorway launching a giant clue bat at you to play ball.

:thumbsup:ya:woot
 
Ted is a cracker, what a character. One sure thing is that you will not get away without a daily walk to burn that energy off!
 
Back
Top