3880 has gone on cashback in Australia

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
Retailers are holding above normal stock of the Epson 3880 Pro. Borges Imaging in Melbourne have them for $1765 with a $250 CASHBACK IN ADDITION.
Whilst no one has heard from Epson that a new model is near, they are all expecting an announcement soon?

Was contemplating a new monitor, but think I will buy one and store it for later on.

I need to ask again, is it practical possible to download a printer driver to a stick and keep that for later too?

Warranty is not a consideration for the purchase, as our consumer laws do not allow the commercial bullies to ply their trade here in Aus.

Cheers,

Andrew

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Why bother with saving a file when it would otherwise be conveniently available for download elsewhere?

That said, just save the download file wherever you wish (as long as it fits on the device).

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
Why bother with saving a file when it would otherwise be conveniently available for download elsewhere?

That said, just save the download file wherever you wish (as long as it fits on the device).

The driver I am currently using is free of anti refill traps, the previous iteration had to be replaced, it was better still.
If I had a copy on stick it would have been as simple as plug that in and download as often as I needed. As it was I had to go to the Epson site in the UK, because the driver on the USA site was bug infested to the max. I got that advice first from my camera shop, then got that confirmed byEpson UK!!!!!!
Might be able to find older drivers on the net, but what guarantees its virus free, or who the souce actually is.
I cant see Epson giving me a copy of my current driver when their entire technical R&D is 100% focused on thwarting refillers so they can jack their prices further on pro printers

I am assuming that this would future proof my new 3880 that I put in storage for when the unit I am using falls off the purch, and cant be fixed with parts bought from non OEM sellers.??

Last edited: