Zebra Z4M PLUS Error Condition Paper Out!

Taner

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Zebra Z4M PLUS
Hello, I am in trouble with this Zebra printer Z4M PLUS and error condition is Paper Out!

I tried everything in technical documentation about Z4M PLUS and nothing!

In technical documentation I read things like these:
ERROR CONDITION PAPER OUT:
Media is not loaded or is loaded incorrectly ! Load media correctly and see Media Loading Overview on page 28! (I loaded everything correctly!)
Misaligend media sensor! Check positon of the media sensor! (I check the position and I tried every one possible position of the media sensor but nothing!)
The printer stops: MEDIA light ON, ERROR light flashes!
The printer is set for noncontinuous media, but continuous media is loaded! Install proper media type, or reset printer for current media type and perform calibration! (Okay I did it and nothing!)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Hi Taner and welcome, it’s quite possible your having a configuration problem, try removing any paper, and cables you have loaded, and turn off the printer for 5 minutes (Unplug from wall)

Now power on your printer as normal, just like it was the first time to use it and add your cables and paper then see if it will print again normally for you...

Report back on your progress please.. ;)

Taner

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Zebra Z4M PLUS
Hi "The Hat", thank you for your answer.
I tried but it's doesn't work.

I think to change the media and to calibrate again, I will save the changes and I will reboot the device and then I will test device like before with Feed button in front panel.

I think my mistake is related with type of media and printer settings, here we use the same model of printers for two different type of medias with two type printer settings.
I changed the media type settings before but I did not change the physical media, the change of media type is not enough I think, because there are many other different settings related with media and printing.

If the problem appers again, then I think the exit of situation is to reset the printer with default settings and new clear configurations.

I think the problem is on logical level, physical level is okay.

Now I will try to change the physical media and to calibrate it, because only this I did not do.

Last edited:

Taner

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Zebra Z4M PLUS
I solve my problem, type of physical media is general key in my case, and printer settings.

Now the printer operational state is stable.

Thank you and regards!