Z3100 motherboard

cyruspy

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
DesignJet z3100
Hello, I'm trying to salvage a 24" DesignJet Z3100. The technician servicing it mentioned it will require the main PCA and PSU replaced.

The current part numbers are:

PCA, p/n: Q6677-67007
PSU, p/n: 042-70118701

I wonder if there are several revisions of those and if I should take the opportunity to get a better/newer one in each case. Also, the PSU proved hard to find with that P/N.

Any recommendation?

Classic Shots

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon ix 6540
Why is your technician wanting to change those two at once? One is the power supply pack and the other is the main mother board. To be able to detect problem with the mother board, the printer would have to show at least a measure of current at least blinking green light on the panel. Let your technician work one at a time. If there is a green light on the panel, then let him start with the mother board, if no light at all, then let him start with the power pack. Please what is the status of the printer when connected to the mains and powered on from the back?

cyruspy

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
DesignJet z3100
Well, apparantly the motherboard has a short due to ink drops and the PSU is not delivering current in a given link (not sure how is it called). I pulled the trigger on an old stock new MB+PSU combo, waiting for the bundle to arrive.