XP-610 paper jams in duplexer

Lee Beck

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 640 and WF-2750
Printer copies fine. Prints one-sided fine. But every try on 2-sided printing the paper jams.

I've removed the duplexer a dozen times, replaced the paper at different quantities, and looked inside the printer and duplexer with a flashlight. Everything looks fine.

Why is the paper getting jammed in the duplexer?
DSC_2467.jpg

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
It’s obvious that you have something restricting the throughput of the paper when you’re using the Duplex unit, yes I know that’s easy for me to say.

Try and do a Duplex print and as soon as the paper starts to enter the paper path pull the power plug from the wall.

Now at this point you can investigate the problem further at leisure, try manually feeding the paper to the point where it stops and you may actually see exactly what is causing the blockage..

Lee Beck

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 640 and WF-2750
Your logic makes sense.

I never saw a blockage. But when I removed the duplexer and looked with a flashlight at the paper path - then reassembled the printer - the duplexer now works. I also fiddled with the gears and springed thingys. Whatever happened, it fixed the problem. Thanks.

Lee

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@Lee Beck, thanks for the feedback, I’d glad you were able to get your printer working again, it’s still nice to know that sometimes the answers can be so simple.

When this same problem occurs with laser printers, its hard to believe that it can sometime be the paper itself, for instance if the sheets are turned the wrong way up or are a fraction oversized they will jam in the paper feeder, under sized and there’s no problem..