Xerox C525A

ian

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have a Xerox 525 printer that does not print on one part of the page. The hole right side of the page on the edge has a gap in the print about half an inch wide right on the edge of the page where is does not print. I have rebuilt the drum unit and cleaned the printer right out but the line is still there. Any ideas on what could be causing this?

embguy

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Please upload a sample page for diagnostic.

I think you need a new fuser sleeve.

Do the half page test and let me know the result.
1. Print a page.
2. Switch the printer off as soon as you see the edge of the page coming out.
3. Remove the page. If the image is perfect, you need to replace the fuser sleeve.

Be careful with the printout because the toner is not fused onto the paper. If you get the toner on your cloth, wash it with COLD water. If you wash it with hot water, the toner will fuse permanently on your cloth.

Background information:
The first half of laser printer is putting the print image on the paper.
The second half is applying heat to fuse the toner onto the paper.
If there is a tear on the fuser sleeve, part of the toner is not fused on the paper.

ian

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Good way of testing. I didnt think of that way. I was always thinking it was the fuser unit and it would need replacing. But after the test it looks the problem is before the fuser. I am now looking at the drum belt as this is the only thing i havent replaced yet. I can see when i look at the OPC drum roller it has half the image on the roller and the other side has the complete image and since it does it on all colors i would say the drum belt or the rollers on the belt is where the problem is at. I will replace the rollers and belt as i have a spare set in stock and let you know how i got on.

ian

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Well i just replaced the belt and cleaned the rear front waste toner dumps and still the same problem.

embguy

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Sorry for your persistent problem. Have you change the OPC Drum? Is the complete image on the OPC drum?

ian

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Yes i have changed the OPC drum and No the image is not complete on the drum.

embguy

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Is your printer has the same problem before and after you changed the OPC drum? If yes, the cause may be at the laser which does not put a complete image on the OPC drum...

Please read the following thread on the HP support forum. Tape the laser shutter open and do a print. Let us know the result.
http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service...47627+1257390783808+28353475&threadId=1039148

But I do not know whether the Xerox printer has a shutter or not!

choco_late

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I think you should go to a Xerox service center so it gets fixed sooner and you can use it soon again, too.

ian

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Update on problem.

I have a spare printer down in the garage so i took the drum toner and fuser out of the problem printer and put them all in the spare printer i had down in the garage. Fired it up and printed out my test page and the problem has gone away. So it wasnt the drum, toner or fuser, must be something wrong with the rollers at the toner side in the machine. Anyway i will keep the faulty one for parts.