Xd To Smart Media/ For Canon Printer Model Selphy Cp740

carl101

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Hello there

Can anyone help, i ordered a (canon printer model selphy cp740) its a photo printer, and just found out you need a adapter .

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000RGP0TI/ref=nosim?tag=xmfgz969-21

XD to compcat flash adapter OR XD to smartmedia adapter.

here is a quote from one of the reviews

This is a good quality simple to use, no nonsense photo printer and at a good price. However there are a few things to bear in mind! If you have a camera with an XD memory card you may will need to buy an adapter for it to work and make full use of the options!.......this can be expensive for a XD to Compact Flash adapter, the XD to Smart Media adapter on Amazon is a lot cheaper and hopefully will fit and work in the SD card slot.
Other wise you fill have to use your cameras USB cable to connect it up and print using the lcd screen on the camera, but losing the printer options. Although a bit more expensive the CP750 allows you to crop and adjust the colour settings which this model doesn't.
Overall a good easy to use printer with great results, but think twice of you have an XD or Micro memory card that will need an adapter, and if this model had the trim and crop option it would have made it a 5 star rating and just might be worth the extra for the CP750 for some.
Its says HOPEFULLY will fit the sd slot, can anyone tell me if it doe's fit into this make of printer :)

as it is a christmas present and i want to make sure i have everything , that is needed for a digital camera with an xd card