WTS: X-Rite i1 Publish Pro 2 (almost as new)

borez

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi,

Selling an almost-new X-Rite i1 Publish Pro 2. Condition of item can be marked almost as brand-new. This was a spare unit that we purchased for print production work (which we never got to use). Spectro has full Publish licences, including Scanner, CMYK and RGB profiling.

All accessories are unused (no use marks even on the display holder), and with lamp-time at only 26 seconds. Please refer to i1Diagnostic log - runtime stats on spectro were accumulated from recent diagnostic tests. More importantly, the actual spectro unit is in almost-new condition, with rubber coating intact and no sticky issue. Spectro was manufactured in 2016-01, and well stored.

Box is a little worn but internal carrying case is brand new. Will provide all accessories (please refer to photos), including both colorchecker targets.

I1 Diagnostics output file here, all tests passed.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/98htey3s1i88911/i1Pro_Diagnostics_2022-06-03.log?dl=0

Instrument information
Dark measurement count: 142
Lamp burning time: 25.5 seconds
Spot measurement count: 43
Scan measurement count: 6
Factory calibration: 2016-01-04
Spectral Module ID: 01-a4f433180000ab

Price lowered to US$1400.

Please note that item is based in Singapore. As package is bulky, happy to discuss shipping options and subsidise part of costs where required. As a reference, shipping to US via Singapore Post (SpeedPost Tracked) is at US$100 (subsidised), inclusive of liability insurance at US$1400.

I accept PayPal or Revolut. Please reach out if you have any questions, or if you need proof that this is a legit sale!

IMG_0551.JPG
IMG_0552.JPG
IMG_0554.JPG

IMG_0559.JPG

IMG_0556.JPG
\

Last edited:

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
This was a spare unit that we purchased for print production work
The spectro acts as a dongle at the same time for the software modules as listed. A backup unit typically does not cary any software keys, the keys get onto the unit when you transfer them from the primary unit to the backup unit with the i1profiler software. So what happened with the primary unit ? Or did you buy 2 complete sets - spectro + software license keys - at the same time ?

Such spectro does not get offered very often so it is difficult to establish a market price for it; I just can say that I got an idential unit longer time ago via Ebay - at about half the price, the starting price since nobody else was bidding.

Last edited:

borez

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
The spectro acts as a dongle at the same time for the software modules as listed. A backup unit typically does not cary any software keys, the keys get onto the unit when you transfer them from the primary unit to the backup unit with the i1profiler software. So what happened with the primary unit ? Or did you buy 2 complete sets - spectro + software license keys - at the same time ?

Such spectro does not get offered very often so it is difficult to establish a market price for it; I just can say that I got an idential unit longer time ago via Ebay - at about half the price, the starting price since nobody else was bidding.
We bought 2 complete sets (both with Publish licences). If you look at the logs the licensing is confirmed.

Thanks for highlighting and agree on market pricing. On one hand Publish sets have niche use-cases (not everyone requires CMYK functionality), on the other hand, the i1 Pro 3 sets have risen significantly in price (catering for made in USA spectros?) and they've scrapped Photo bundles (weird decision!), leaving the RGB printer enthusiast with limited choices (ArgyllCMS command line scanning perhaps?). Personally, the i1 Pro 3s provide fairly limited quality of life upgrades against the 2s.

My humble 2 cents...

Last edited:

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
If you don't need a specific new characteristic of the i1Pro3 the i1Pro2 will do a good job for quite a while, you just won't get software updates anymore, the lastest s/w version only supports the i1Pro3, and earlier spectros are not supported anymore. But since standards evolve that slow in this range that should not be too much of a problem. If you really want more you probably would move to other devices anyway like KonicaMinolta etc. So yes you may get a deal with your pricing; I don't know if you are posting on other sales platforms as well .

borez

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
If you don't need a specific new characteristic of the i1Pro3 the i1Pro2 will do a good job for quite a while, you just won't get software updates anymore, the lastest s/w version only supports the i1Pro3, and earlier spectros are not supported anymore. But since standards evolve that slow in this range that should not be too much of a problem. If you really want more you probably would move to other devices anyway like KonicaMinolta etc. So yes you may get a deal with your pricing; I don't know if you are posting on other sales platforms as well .
Thanks! Will also be posting on other platforms too. Much appreciated for the views!