Wrong reset code shut down printer canon ip3500

sebastepol

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi all, my printer has stopped working and wont even power on now.
It started when my printer stopped printing on the paper (printing nothing at all) but looked to be functioning normally, feeding paper through, etc. The blue ink cartridge was very low/empty, but i thought it might have been a problem due to a recent power cut while printer was plugged in and powered on (not sure it was on however).
I googled the problem and after removing print head, it seemed like it may be clogged as there was a lot of dried ink on the surface of print head. I cleaned it carefully and thoroughly, syringed and all seemed to be clear. I replaced the print head and powered the printer on. I did a test print (text only, due to colour shortage) and it printed perfectly. I then decided to do a colour print and it would not print anything at all again. It then started to flash an error code, that seemed to be alternating orange/green, but after some powering on and off it changed to error code with eight orange flashes.
I then researched this code and found this web page with instructions on how to reset the printer.

ehow.com/how_7376251_reset-canon-ip-3330-printer.html please put h ttp :// ww w infront of link.

Unfortunately i only noticed it was for resetting a canon ip3330 after i had tried this method. the result is that when i tried this resetting upon pressing the resume button twice, the printer shut down and will not power on any more. I get a two second green light when i try to power it on and this fades and nothing happens, but this only happens, when i first try to power on after being unplugged and green light will not appear again until i unplug from mains and try again. It seems to me that this is probably the incorrect method for resetting canon ip3500 and it has shut down completely to prevent further damage by an untrained uninformed owner.
I am sure this printer will work and is physically in working order and i would appreciate it very much if someone who knows what they are on about could help me reset/fix it. Thank you muchly

Ron350

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
-
Sorry but it sounds like your printer is dead.

When a Canon print head goes bad it can kill the printer.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
sebastepol

Try this and see if it helps:-
Power on your printer and then hold down the resume button (Orange) for about two minutes
and then let go and maybe your printer will work again for you.

The eight orange lights mean your ink pads are full and need changing,
it has nothing to do with the condition of your print head.