Workforce 635 not recognizing Aftermarket / Generic Cartridges!

salil

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
:(Noob here...I ran out of ink on my Epson Workforce 635 so I bought these generic cartridges off Amazon that say they work with the Workforce 635:
edit: it's refusing to let me post the direct link, if you google the following, it should come up with the amazon page as the first result: "4 packs compatible ink cartridges for EPSON T1261-T1264 WorkForce 520 630 633 635"

I figured...they're insanely cheap on Amazon...maybe worth a try? Anyway, I swapped out my old genuine epson cartridge for one of these new generic ones, closed the lid and the printer refuses to recognize it. Is there any way to get these cartridges to work? The seller will refund me if I can't get them to work but I'd like them to work because they're so cheap!

What are my options for 3rd party ink on the Epson Workforce 635?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

cls

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
8560, 8570, 1400, 1500W, P50 e
often the problem with cheap knock of cartriges, the chips wont recognized.
just look for another brand or go full refill only: refillable empty cartriges and bulk ink

salil

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
cls said:
often the problem with cheap knock of cartriges, the chips wont recognized.
just look for another brand or go full refill only: refillable empty cartriges and bulk ink
Thanks! Can anyone recommend some cartridges that are confirmed to work with the Epson WorkForce 635 or similar (ie: 630)