Windows 11 Coming

bluestang

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, EpsonArtisan730
You can install the 64bit version, but it would have to be a clean install, not an upgrade.

I have some older laptops as well that came with Vista or Windows 7 on them. Add some RAM and slap a SSD in there and they run great...and on Windows 10 too.

bluestang

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Secure Boot is an option in BIOS settings. It may be off, that is why it failed the check.

bluestang

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
There's a good chance MS will back down on some of these "requirements" after community backlash...like they always do after announcing something lol.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
It may be off, that is why it failed the check.
True, but not in my case.

Note that my system is 7 years old and TMP was not implemented in that era's BIOS nor motherboard.

The last BIOS update supports TPM-L R2.0 but you will also need the aftermarket module to attach to the motherboard. Then you can turn on TMP. However, you may need to clean install Windows again after turning on TMP in the BIOS.

Not worth the trouble or money.

bluestang

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Just going off info supplied in posts lol

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
There's a good chance MS will back down on some of these "requirements" after community backlash
I wouldn't be surprised what MS tells us today will all be what actually appears with the retail release. :fl

Doubtful about Secure Boot as it is a de facto standard now. Incorporating 32 bit might require extensive rewrites and therefore be a no go too -- not to mention it is a dying or already dead architecture for most.

Last edited:

willisn

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L3110
I will stick with the Windows 7 for now. I used to hate the Windows 10 OS so I guess the 11 will be almost same with a few modifications.