Windows 10 driver for Epson CX3600

jokskot

Newbie to Printing
Joined
Dec 30, 2023
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Points
8
Printer Model
Epson R285
I have inherited an Epson CX3600. The print mechanism still works well when used as a copier. I would like to use as a regular text printer as part of a Windows 10 based system if I can find a suitable driver. I've drawn a blank when interrogating Epson UK. Can anyone help beyond suggesting running my PC in Windows XP mode?
 
I have inherited an Epson CX3600. The print mechanism still works well when used as a copier. I would like to use as a regular text printer as part of a Windows 10 based system if I can find a suitable driver. I've drawn a blank when interrogating Epson UK. Can anyone help beyond suggesting running my PC in Windows XP mode?
Had a quick look and the CX3600 wasn't released in the UK but the CX3650 was. From using that I found that Epson have released a "Universal Print Driver" which is sparkly and new with a release date of 24/01/24...
https://download.epson-europe.com/pub/download/6601/epson660114eu.exe

Let me know if that works..
 
Hi Martin
Your kids in the Avatar? They look full of nonsense!
Thanks for your interest and suggestion. I had, in fact, found and earlier version of the "Universal" driver that didn't work.

Interesting that you say the CX3600 wasn't released in UK as I am absolutely certain it was bought new in UK, probably from a dealer in Worcester.

Unfortunately the suggested driver is not so universal and I couldn't get any response from the printer... no Test Page, no nozzle clean, no print check and just endless gobblededook when I tried to print a block of solid colour which I sometimes have previously used to clean printheads or some *.txt.

Interestingly, WICReset recognises the printer as a CX3600 and is able to clean the nozzles and print a nozzle pattern.
 
For the cx3650 it seems that device specific driver support topped out at XP 64 bit and you can try installing that if you have 64-bit windows 10 or the 32bit drivers with 32bit windows 10 but i'd probably try that first in a VM(with the printer forwarded into the VM) first incase it causes the windows install to break when it gets installed or loaded.

I don't know how epson names their printers or how they package their drivers but the CX3700/CX3800 seems to be using a similar chassis and had windows 10 drivers that may work?
 
For the cx3650 it seems that device specific driver support topped out at XP 64 bit and you can try installing that if you have 64-bit windows 10 or the 32bit drivers with 32bit windows 10 but i'd probably try that first in a VM(with the printer forwarded into the VM) first incase it causes the windows install to break when it gets installed or loaded.

I don't know how epson names their printers or how they package their drivers but the CX3700/CX3800 seems to be using a similar chassis and had windows 10 drivers that may work?
Thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately, CX3700/CX3800 driver is the same as offered for the CX3650 suggested by Websnail
 
Hi Martin
Your kids in the Avatar? They look full of nonsense!
They're considerably bigger now but still full of all sorts of mischief ;)

Thanks for your interest and suggestion. I had, in fact, found and earlier version of the "Universal" driver that didn't work.

Interesting that you say the CX3600 wasn't released in UK as I am absolutely certain it was bought new in UK, probably from a dealer in Worcester.

Odd that it's falling between the cracks but the follow on suggestions from other members cover the bases I would have suggested (and then some) so hopefully you'll find something in those that works. Keep us posted either way as I "love" a mystery... preferably one with a solution.
 
Back
Top