Will my Canon ip3000 be ok with Card stock, 60-80 lbs paper?

Freddy_Kruger

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I just bought a new canon 3000, I need it to print on light card stock paper. 8.5 x 11" Just a few lines each page. I then go get it cut for door handle flyers.

I bought some card stock paper and it went through easily, but the manual says it only recommends up to 24 lbs paper.

also, can I really print on both side with the paper only going through once? I dont have to print on both sides, but if I had the choice I might. I'm not sure how a word-merge would work like that...

drc023

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, iP8720, MG6220
Nothing to worry about, the printer will handle card stock without anything going wrong. If you use the duplex feature, the paper is sent most of the way out of the printer and then sucked back in to print the second side. So to answer your question the printer handles the paper once for each surface. It can't print both sides simultaneously. It's an interesting feature and for some applications can be handy to have. Just bear in mind that it is pretty slow.

Freddy_Kruger

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thats good news, You see I'm about to order about 5000 flyers and I once I get them home I have to put them through my own printer to fill out address's and prices then back to the Printer to get them cut in half as door handles.

Thicker the paper the better the flyer.

thanks.

drc023

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, iP8720, MG6220
Something happened to the most recent reply I posted to your last update. This is essentially what I tried to post.

Try to avoid using the duplex function for this many sheets. It will take forever. Print all of one side and then print the reverse side. The other thing to consider is that the print shop can print this order as flip & turn job. This would be only a single setup for one plate instead of two. Be sure to check with them about that. It could save you some $$$. Just a little friendly advice from a former print shop owner.

Freddy_Kruger

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks, I decided that I would do a separate flyer for Snow Removal. I have to do multiple drops anyway. I'm going to keep the front of the door handles simple "Enjoy your view with fresly cleaned windows" (or something like that) 1 graphic, and there address and their price (these last two things are what I put on with my own printer). On the back I'll put logos and lists of services and maybe somemore grahics, phone no. etc.