Will BCI6/BCI-3eBk ink do any damage to CLI-226/PGI-225 printer?

gailstorm9

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX892
Hi, I'm new to the forum so thanks to everyone who shares their knowledge here.

1. If I use left over BCI6/BCI-3eBk bulk ink from Precision Colors in my new Canon MX892 is there any danger of damaging the new printer or print head? The MX892 uses CLI-226 & PGI-225 cartridges. I don't care about the color or fading since I won't be printing anything important.

2. Once the left over ink runs out, do I have to flush the CLI-226 & PGI-225 cartridges or can I just refill them with the proper bulk ink?

Thanks for your help.

Gail

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
gailstorm9 said:
Hi, I'm new to the forum so thanks to everyone who shares their knowledge here.

1. If I use left over BCI6/BCI-3eBk bulk ink from Precision Colors in my new Canon MX892 is there any danger of damaging the new printer or print head?
The MX892 uses CLI-226 & PGI-225 cartridges. I don't care about the color or fading since I won't be printing anything important.
Except for some slight colour change there will be no difference.

2. Once the left over ink runs out, do I have to flush the CLI-226 & PGI-225 cartridges or can I just refill them with the proper bulk ink?

Thanks for your help.

Gail
There will be no need to flush your cartridges when change to the newer Precisioncolor inks.

While youre on there buying your new inks why dont you get some empty CLI-221/220 cartridges
because they will be much easier to refill than your current ones are at present..

gailstorm9

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX892
Thanks for your quick reply! I was thinking about getting those CLI-221/220 cartridges so thanks for confirming they will work. If I want a 2nd set of cartridges for a backup, where can I get another set of 226/225 chips?

My other concern is that I'm not sure there's enough clearance for cartridge plugs to top fill.

Thanks again for your help.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
gailstorm9 said:
Thanks for your quick reply! I was thinking about getting those CLI-221/220 cartridges so thanks for confirming they will work. If I want a 2nd set of cartridges for a backup, where can I get another set of 226/225 chips?.
You could try any local recycle centre to see if they have any or a Staples store if you have one nearby,
Precisioncolor may even have some you never know.

My other concern is that I'm not sure there's enough clearance for cartridge plugs to top fill.

Thanks again for your help
There are quite a number of places that do low profile plugs including Precisioncolor
so it shouldnt be a big problem getting hold of the right sort.:thumbsup

Dont forget a resetter for the 225/226s