Widest gamut EPSON Dye ink?

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Hello, I'm looking for widest gamut Epson compatible ink from OCP, or InkTec.
Anyone heard about OCTOPUS ink brand, are they just rebranding, or making ink?

I'm looking to use this in Bother piezo print head printer, just taught that ink for brother is not optimized for photos. Because ink gamut in my tests is smaller than with InkTec canon compatible inks. So perhaps anyone has tested some inks?

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
If the printer is a Brother the first thing to find out is if the OEM ink is dye based or pigment based. If it is dye based then you have a lot of Canon compatible inks to choose from.

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
Tin Ho said:
If the printer is a Brother the first thing to find out is if the OEM ink is dye based or pigment based. If it is dye based then you have a lot of Canon compatible inks to choose from.
Correction. I seem to get an impression that some Brothers have piezo print heads and use pigment inks. In this case don't use Canon compatible inks.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Printhead is micro Piezo, so canon ink will not work. I plan to mostly print photos so gamut size is primary concern to me.
OCP lists same ink for EPSON printers too, so what is best (widest color gamut ink) for EPSON that is DYE not prigment ?
I can get either OCP ir InkTec.

What confuses me is this:
Inktec lists the black ink as DYE

LC1100BK/ Black Dye B1100-01LB

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v& jwiTDHnKBA

OCP lists the black ink as Pigmented

IJ BKP 45 Schwarz Pigment
http://www.ocp.de/content.php?1=1&1 odell=3034

I tested the original brother ink and I can confirm that black ink does not run under tap water, but the dye ink was also very stable.
I have only seem similar results from Ricoh Gelsprinter GX7000