Why so hard to refill the Hp 49 cartridge?

PrintingGuy

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I started to refill my empty inkjet cartridges and I had success with almost all types except the HP 49 color ink cartridges. After I refilled them I tested the cartridges but only pure disappointment. From underneath (the view of the print head) the cartridge is transparent and I see the air bubbles in the ink channels. I tried to prime them with the primer many times but when I test them they print awful quality. Colors missing, or strikes all across the printouts, even seriously contaminated. (No I did not put the wrong color in the wrong chamber). I am suffering to refill this hp 49 type and I was wondering if some of you might have a technique that makes these cartridges work normally. I cant make them work. Any opinion and help would be appreciated. Thanks Laszlo.

kudos

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hello,

If you are filling with right amount of ink which would be about 5-8 grams per chamber you should be fine. Watch carefully how you are filling. When using a needle make sure you blow a small amount of ink through the needle so no air is pushed into the cart. Use a 40mm needle push down deep into the sponge pull out just a little. (about a cm) fill slowly and steady. Fill until you see a little Ink start to appear at the top of the sponge. Now I am guessing you took the cap off the cartridge. Glue it back on. You now need to be able to suction the head. If you need A clip I can sell you one but you can get them anywhere. If your printer cleans and suctions the printhead then you just run your cleaning program a few times. You should get a good print. Do not run the cartridge completly out you can burn your printhead up this way.

Hope this helps!

:) Peace