Why I think a waiting period is important when working on printers.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
pearlhouse Hey by the way Hat, is there a printer on the market now that uses the PGI-9 carts that I can purchase new.
I may be getting ready for a new printer as my mx860 is starting to make strange noises when it is getting ready to print.
I have no idea what these PGI-9 carts look like but it sounds like something that is better than 221s or 226s.
There are a few that I know of on the market and they are the MX 7600, IX 7000 and the best one Pixma 9500
so stratman will be pleased to know that he too can beat the Kobayashi Maru scenario with the 7600 model.

The PGI-9 cartridges takes 16 ml ink and are opaque just like their 226s cousins
but are probably the easiest OEM cartridges to fill ever made. :)

pearlhouse

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon mx892 & mx922
thanx hat, I plan on looking into them. Are any of these the all in one style with scanner and fax??

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
pearlhouse said:
thanx hat, I plan on looking into them. Are any of these the all in one style with scanner and fax??
The MX 7600 is an all in one with ADF and Ethernet connection as well so it is probably just what youre looking for.. :)

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
ghwellsjr said:
Tin Ho said:
I believe it is really not an issue to expose the print head to air for a while. I have exposed my print heads over 30 minutes or even hours without any problems. I at one time had a small vial of ink exposed to air and left in my bathroom for at least two weeks. The ink did not dry up. I could not see any loss of ink from the vial.
I took a print head out of one of my friend's printers and set it aside while I put in another print head and worked on it for at least an hour, maybe two. When I put the first print head back in another printer at the end of that time, numerous pigment black nozzles were clogged and I still haven't been able to unclog them.
What black pigment ink did you use on that print head?

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Tin Ho said:
What black pigment ink did you use on that print head?
Since I learned that the original Inktec pigment black in for BCI-3eBk had a clogging problem, I quit using it but I'm not sure which of the several other inks I was considering is the one that was in that particular print head.