Which type of refill ink for Brother LC1000 cartridges

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
A friend of mine is asking me to refill here Brother LC1000 cartridges. As far as I know Brother printheads are piezo based like Epson. Can I use the same ink for Canon printers or should I use Epson compatible dye/pigment ink... ?

Does someone has experience with refilling Brother cartridges using an aftermarket ink made for another type of printer (Canon, Epson) ?

tigerwan

Printer Guru
Reaction score
You should only use ink made to refill your particular cartridge, NEVER an ink made to fill other cartridges.

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
I once tested the ink of a Brother inkjet printer. It had Black and CMY inks. I washed the print and the ink including black all washed off. That told me that Brother uses dye based inks in that printer. I don't think it was an LC1000. It was an older model. I thought it uses thermo print head too. I was once told by an Epson sales rep that Epson is the only manufacturer that uses piezo print head. Well, this does not apply to all industrial printers. I had seen one that wasn't Epson but had a piezo print head. My believe is HP, Canon, Brother and Lexmark printers all use thermo print heads.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
You can use HP dye ink in Canon printer without any problems, but to get correct colors you need a custom profile.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
As I can conclude that Brother is using therm print heads and HP dye ink can be used in a Canon printer. Thus using Canon ink is possible in Brother cartridges.......

Actually the Brother is a CIS-based printer with stationary inktanks and the ink is fed to the printhead by capillary action.

chaosoffar

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have a couple Brothers with LC41 carts, only the one's been in use for a while though. I've been refilling with a G&G ink refill kit(used their carts before) without a problems. I've really only found a link or two selling Brother specific ink, not sure on the quality of the inks/links I did find. Here's the one link I bookmarked: http://www.oddparts.com/ink/Ink_Listings/Brother/LC41.htm