Which resetter please?

wizzard

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
In UK I have seen resetters advertised from 10 to 20. They are all sorts of colours as well. Can someone tell me which one is the best one to get please?

billkunert

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Envy 5530e
I have the blue one. It features an easily replacable battery. The red one operates the same but is not designed to have the battery repaced-you must cut the bottom off and resecure it with screws.

petrocelli

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
wizzard said:
Can someone tell me which one is the best one to get please?.
Bought one recently from here http://stores.ebay.co.uk/ink-girl
The price is currently 17.95 +1.84 pp.The delivery was super fast.It is the blue one with replaceable battery and it works OK on Canon original carts although I haven't
tried it on any non Canons.

dougsewell

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Resetter works with OEM carts and some compatibles but NOT the Inkrite C005 with chip suitable for use in iP's 3300, 3500, 4200, 4300, 4500, 5100, 5200, 5300 and iX's 4000, 5000 and MP's 500, 510, 530, 600, 610, 800, 810, 830, 950, 960 and MX700. Cart works fine but as I said unable to be reset.
Doug

wizzard

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
petrocelli said:
wizzard said:
Can someone tell me which one is the best one to get please?.
Bought one recently from here http://stores.ebay.co.uk/ink-girl
The price is currently 17.95 +1.84 pp.The delivery was super fast.It is the blue one with replaceable battery and it works OK on Canon original carts although I haven't
tried it on any non Canons.
Can you change the battery in it please?

fish

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I believe that the battery is replaceable, only in how easy it is to change. I have the black resetter from alotofthings that arrived DOA with a dead battery. I pried the bottom off and replaced the CR2016 battery and works okay since. My earlier post summarized my frustrations with alotofthings. I only refill OEM cartridges so have no experience with brand "X" stuff.

headphonesman

Printer Guru
Reaction score
fish said:
I believe that the battery is replaceable, only in how easy it is to change. I have the black resetter from alotofthings that arrived DOA with a dead battery. I pried the bottom off and replaced the CR2016 battery and works okay since. My earlier post summarized my frustrations with alotofthings. I only refill OEM cartridges so have no experience with brand "X" stuff.
this should help :

http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3109

fish

Printer Guru
Reaction score
headphonesman,

Thanks for the link - I saw it when it was posted. The adhesive on my resetter popped off with the little plastic posts intact. After replacing the battery the bottom piece snapped back in. Easy to snap off again for future batter replacement.

headphonesman

Printer Guru
Reaction score
fish said:
headphonesman,

Thanks for the link - I saw it when it was posted. The adhesive on my resetter popped off with the little plastic posts intact. After replacing the battery the bottom piece snapped back in. Easy to snap off again for future batter replacement.
Ok fish , the link was primarily aimed at the original poster , (and anyone else who was unaware of it ) , but I am glad you have indicated that taking off the back cover , (provided done carefully) may not always need a reworking involving drills /knives/self tapping screws etc.
My cover is still on at the moment , thats is with at least 200 re-sets so far , I wonder if I will get the good fortune that you did ! ?