Which printer for refilling

jeb101

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have refilled in the past but my Lexmark x8350 would not take the refills - also would not recognize some of the re-manufactured ones as well.

Win 8 - which I have on my new computer - is not supported by Lexmark so if I must buy a new printer what is your suggestion? Can it be refilled?

Lucas28

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Pigment
All printers can be refilled, but some are easier to refill than others!

For the highest quality of prints Epson and Canon are recommended.
Brother still has some printers without a chip in the cartridge; easy to refill and no resetting. The quality of Brother is somewhat lower than Epson and Canon, but is still better than Lexmark.

The Epson XP-series are nowadays the printers that are easiest to refill. But Epson needs high quality ink to prevent clogging, so no cheap inks are recommended for Epson.

Canon printers are not hard to refill but only OEM cartridges are suitable for refilling.

Do you want to use a CIS? Choose Epson, or even better, Brother. Brother has a kind of build in CIS.

jeb101

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Tks for the reply, Lucas. I was able to download the vista drivers for my Lexmark and it is working now - will certainly keep what you have said in mind down the line when I need a new printer.

Question, what is CIS? - jb

Lucas28

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Pigment
A CIS or CISS is a system in which the ink reservoirs are placed outside the printer. Thin tubes in the shape of a ribbon cable connect the ink tanks with the print head.

It's the best solution for people who print much. A CISS is not without problems, except with a Brother printer.

A CISS for Lexmark:
Andysnap_002.png

And one for Brother...
DSC01350.jpg

jeb101

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Interesting - I don't do much printing so don't think this system would be one I would be interested in.

Take care - jb