which new Canon's cartridge/printer can be refilled?

ltlbud

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I an returning my Epson due to the inability to refill chipped cartridge & high new ink priced for small cartridge.
How does one shop[ for a new printer which can be refilled?
thanks,DT.

lolopr1

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 4800,R3000 & 9600
ltlbud said:
I an returning my Epson due to the inability to refill chipped cartridge & high new ink priced for small cartridge.
How does one shop[ for a new printer which can be refilled?
thanks,DT.
What model of Epson are you using? :cool:

ltlbud

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Ah, Pope. Well, it was bundled with the new Christmas camera Epson cx8400.
As for aftermarket, I was told to wait about 90 days till refill kits caught up to the chips.
I did buy a cis after being told it would work but it is not recognized either. Since becoming better informed, the Canon seems like a better choice, it is time tor retire the old HP 932 which I have refilled for years.
Thanks.

lolopr1

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 4800,R3000 & 9600
ltlbud said:
Ah, Pope. Well, it was bundled with the new Christmas camera Epson cx8400.
As for aftermarket, I was told to wait about 90 days till refill kits caught up to the chips.
I did buy a cis after being told it would work but it is not recognized either. Since becoming better informed, the Canon seems like a better choice, it is time tor retire the old HP 932 which I have refilled for years.
Thanks.
I'm afraid that you purchased the wrong CIS for you printer, you need the latest chip version (3.1). Take a look here I'm sure that this is what you really need for you printer.
http://item.express.ebay.com/__Tone...20Q26Q20CartridgesQQptdiZ918QQcmdZExpressItem

Good luck. :cool:

ltlbud

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Epson 8400__Well, I bought the cis from superjetusa from ebay. they claim it should work but I've just asked them for the chip version. Super jet does not refund but will replace. I notice your link-toner ca-will offer refunds. I was in a hurry to do a print job for the Lodge & cheapened up on the research. Staples said they would take the printer back and in the event I do this, the Canon MP530 may be my choice. the cartridges are refillable.

tigerwan

Printer Guru
Reaction score
This in my opinion would be the best way to go, with less hassle, and great results........get the Canon.

The chip on these cartridges has just been cracked finally, and you will probably see the cloned chips on the market starting in March 2008. I believe Germany will be the first to have them, but it won't be long before they make their way to the U.S. And Canada.

oldman1

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
ok anything new on the cx8400 yet.
has it made it to the usa.............................