Which Laser Printer For Home Use ?

Revolution

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm looking for a simple printer for mostly B&W text document(few image/graphic may be).
I'm not a heavy user.
Looking for printer will last long and printing/refilling cost should be cheap and easy as well

I found the following:
1.Samsung ML-2161,
2.Samsung ML-1866W,
3.Samsung ML-1676
4.Canon 2900B
5.HP P1106,
6.HP P1108
7.Brother HL-2130

Most of them priced near Rs.6000/-.
Could not find any cheaper model.
Thanks!

rockey

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
i use Printer: Canon E500...it costs the same and it has printing resolution of 4800 x 1200 dpi...You can checkout its reviews on web!
Hope it helps

michal02

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
A laser printer may not be the best option for everyone. Firstly because of the price of the printer and then the price of the up keep of the printer. Ink jet printers are more economical if you are using them for home use or for usage at a smaller office. Also it is important to note when printing pictures the colours when using the ink jet printer may be better, because the jets spray bubbles of colour which is then blended with other colours to give you a better range of colour and more intensity. The laser printer lays down solid colour and so the effect is not the same as with the ink jet printer.

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
michal02 said:
A laser printer may not be the best option for everyone. Firstly because of the price of the printer and then the price of the up keep of the printer.
Huh? Upkeep? Have you priced ink cartridges or refilled a cartridge lately? And toner is also good for thousands of prints and years of trouble-free service, while ink is good for hundreds of pages if you're lucky. An inkjet uses ink whether you use it or not, and it will clog up if you don't use it. A laser printer is more expensive than the cheapest inkjets, but some of them are quite inexpensive.

Inkjets will give better picture quality under some conditions, but that's not what the OP asked for. I would say run, don't walk, and buy the laser printer that gives you the features you want.

Revolution

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I'm gonna buy Laser Printer next time.
Its sure cos I have HP Deskjet F2418 All-in-One already.
But,question is which Laser Printer ?