Which canon printer is this

duncan22

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
In a recent post I asked about the next model of canon printer I should purchase and it was mentioned a redsetter would soon be available for canon printers that take PGI-520/CLI-521 cartridges. Only I don't know which model(s) take these cartridges as I use a MP610.
I print A4 size. Perhaps someone using a Canon printer with these cartridges can advise me... Thanks

IanYY

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
IP3600 IP4600 IP4700 MP540 MP560 MP620 MP630 MP640 MX860 MP980 and MP990

Maybe some others - it's hard to keep up with Canon's range changing so often. These cartridges are not used in the US (and probably not the Japanese) versions of these printers. Check with http://www.canon.co.uk before buying your new printer.

The redsetter for the 520/521 is still speculation at the moment. I would not commit to buying a printer based on an accessory product not yet on the market.

duncan22

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks for your response.
As you say it would be foolish to purchase a new printer until a Redsetter was available.
The list of printers is a surprise as some of these models have been around for some time and others are fairly new, in short why did canon use one range of cartridges for some printers and a second range for other printers ?