Where to drill hole for German Durchstich method?

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
llama_91 said:
MP640 asked, "Which one is to be prefered?" and i answered. and @rodbam Nebraska? haha
Go back and read OP's first post including the subject heading. He's inquiring about optimal placement of the Durchstich/German refill hole. Your comments do not address this method and may cause unnecessary confusion for someone trying to learn proper technique.

MP640 said:
Where to drill hole for German Durchstich method?

I'm about to refill the cartridges for my MG6150. I found different information on where to drill the hole for the needle:

1. as close as possible to the bottom of the cartridge, straight in;

2. just below the notch on the sponge chamber, aimed slightly downwards.

Which one is to be prefered? With my MP640 I used the first method and I always covered the hole with a piece of adhesive tape. With the second method, apparently the hole doesn't need to be covered.

MP640

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG6150
stratman said:
...deleted... The recessed >PP< in the plastic of the cartridge is used to mark the spot for the hole (if this marking is still used with the OP's model of cartridges as it has been for earlier model cartridges).
Yes, the marking is still used with the 526 cartridges I have. I drilled at the PP mark and aimed slightly downwards. No problems at all!

Tudor

Print Addict
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L800, 1400; ML-2165W
llama_91 said:
i drill the hole close to the divider so that the cartridge is completely full without any air bubbles.
Could you, please, post a picture with a cartridge refilled that way? The hole must show in the picture. I have a feeling that you use topfill...