Where to buy Printer Toner?

SCMS

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I was searching for Printer Forums and this came up, so I figure it would be a good place to ask. Just as the Subject says, where is a good place to buy printer toner? Need MICR as well as regular. I would like to find some good deals on it, don't care if it is new or a refill.

Thanks for the input. . .I will post up any good results I may come across.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Hey SCMS, welcome to the forum. It is good to see a few people posting in the Laser printer area and would love to see some more activity in here.

Your post has inspired me to write my previous and current experiences and to journal future experiences. You can find my writing here:

http://www.nifty-stuff.com/laser-toner-cartridge-refill.php

This is an excerpt of the part you are probably interested in:

In August of 2005 I noticed my cartridges for my personal printers were having problems so I purchased remanufactured cartridges for my Laserjet 4 and 6P from http://www.tonerpirate.com on eBay. The prices were amazing (almost the lowest I could find anywhere).

The 6P cartridge has worked flawlessly ever since, but I did have some issues with the other cartridge. The first LaserJet 4+ they shipped was either sent broken, or broken during shipment and the bag was full of toner. They promptly sent me a new cartridge at no cost (very good customer service, but I hope it wasn't due to the fact that I own the inkjet printer forum). This cartridge was in good shape, but the first prints had a bit of image ghosting. I think it was because I had the intensity set too high on my printer. After adjusting a few settings the ghosting went away. I use this printer a lot and about 7 months later it started to say "toner low". Around that time I also started to get a vertical line down the far side of each page printed. I believe the wiper in the cartridge went bad.

Well, it was time for another cartridge. I was in a hurry so I thought I'd give www.cartridgeworld.com a try. I've heard good things about CartridgeWorld and have spoken with the owner of a local franchise a few times. Really great guy. I exchanged 5 of the HP LJ 4+ cartridges I had sitting around and he gave me a good deal on a new cartridge. Even after the deal the price was still 50% higher than TonerPirate, but I'm expecting the quality to be much higher.

Nine Hills

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have been using remanufactured toner cartridges in Australia for years. Genuine prices are just too steep. Finally looking at selling some too.

5 Years ago we used to get too many providing a "tractor" type print down one side of the page. This was annoying and when we hit one the supplier would always replace immediately.

Since then the quality has improved markedly. We do find that some cartridges tend to get a line part-way through their life, I hadn't thought of wiper failure. Anyway, we seem to find that they have a longer life - more toner. We use them well beyond the toner warning of the printer.

We have also found that there are generic designs out there used by the same company and some that just need a modification plate on them. The interesting thing is, that because the OEM is differently priced, you can receive exactly the same item at different prices.

I strongly recommend you give them a go. In Australia they are well accepted as standard. Not sure what the quality is like in the US, however I am happy to arrange to get some to you if you want. I recommend you try out some US suppliers, as it can't be economical to ship to you from here.

Best of luck.

rdhital

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
SCMS said:
I was searching for Printer Forums and this came up, so I figure it would be a good place to ask. Just as the Subject says, where is a good place to buy printer toner? Need MICR as well as regular. I would like to find some good deals on it, don't care if it is new or a refill.

Thanks for the input. . .I will post up any good results I may come across.
I guess you will have to give your location as well. As the best place for you to buy your needed toner would surely depends upon your location.

rsanaie

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
If you are in Canada or specifically British Columbia, there's this new website I just found http://888cartridge.com/ they have some good deals and their service is great.

TinaLynnLove

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
There are a lot of places out there that have some good deals with good quality and standard. I don't suggest you always go with the cheapest price. You want to go with a company that is quality in it's standard. Like myself, there is one company that I use time and time again because of the standard, and the service. I'm not going say that they have the cheapest deals around but I can say that I have not had one issue with anything I've purchased there.

As ninehills suggested, if you are in the US, I'd check out some suppliers here first before branching out.

Best of luck to you