Whats up with my prints? Too much black?

d86cfv

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Take a look at these pictures, the first one was as is from the camera, the second is how it prints.... for some reason my scanner is making the whole thing look pretty manky but the area of concern is the dark background. It looks very over saturated.
I'm using "sunvision" comp' cartridges, i'm sure they have just stuck them in their own box and are made by some one else! All my previous prints have been great, I think this is the first time the BCi-6bk has been heavily used in a photo.

Has anyone else had these problems?

IMG_0890crop.jpg

scannedDraggonFly.jpg

Its printed on Photo Paper Pro on an MP760 - same engine as the ip4000.

Regs,

D

Osage

Printer Guru
Reaction score
My eyeballs are not supergood---but I would bet not enough cyan or yellow.--maybe both.---ditch sunvision cartridges first thing. Maybe not enough photoblack either.
Do nozzle check first thing. But magenta looks good and sharpness looks good also.

hpnetserver

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Have you tried to change printer setup like media type? I seemed to have had such experience before and it was the setup change that solved the problem.

d87cfv

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Its set up for the right paper think, i'll try some original cartridges tonight and see if the problem goes away.

One other thing i've noticed is a slight blue tinge across the darker area's of the photo untill the ink has dried over a few hours (although its touch dry as soon as it leaves the printer)