What profile is similar for the Canon IP5000?

CaptainCowPie

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I just got a new Canon IP5000, and wa looking at the profiles section, but none match mine. I didn't want to tie up the profile page asking, but can I use the profiles for the Canon i9900, or is there another similar printer profile. I know that the 5000 has the new 1pl drops, and that it's a bit different than the 4000, so I am assuming it needs it's own profiles?

BlasterQ

Printer Guru
Reaction score
You have to specify what kind and brand of paper you want your canon ip5000 to profile to.

Grandad35

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900 (plus 5 spares)
CCP,

Your printer came with profiles for Canon ink and several varieties of Canon paper - they are installed when you installed the printer driver.

Like BlasterQ said, you have to consider what ink and paper you are using. If you are using OEM ink and paper, you should be able to use the profiles that are already installed. If you are using 3rd party ink and paper and have a severe color problem, give the profiles that are listed a try. You might find one that is close enough so that it can be "tweaked in" with the manual color adjustments.

One nice thing about using profiles is that you don't have to change the ink or paper to test them - all that it takes is a simple change in the printing software that takes effect instantly and can be changed back just as quickly. Try a test 4x6 print (or whatever small size you prefer) on an image where you have a problem and see what happens.

CaptainCowPie

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
BlasterQ and Grandad35,

I guess I wanted to see if the 5000 was generically similar to any other printer. I am using Canon papers right now, but plan to test a couple of other inks and papers in the near future. I have been reading a lot of the posts and have a few in mind that I want to try.

I will take your advice and try the inks and paper first, and if the results are not great, then experiment with some of the profiles listed.

I am amazed at the amount of information on this site. Overwhelming at first, but I am starting to digest it slowly ;)

Kenyada

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I received my brand new PIXMA IP5000 yesterday, so I'm watching this thread very closely. I've read so many good things about Formulabs/alotofthings inks for my i9900, and I'm hoping to find a printer profile for my new printer that pairs those inks with Ilford Classic Pearl photo paper. I'm looking forward to doing a printer profile of my own for the ip5000 with Profile Prism software. If I come up with anything worthwhile I'll pass it on.

CaptainCowPie

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks Kenyada,

I would definitely look forward to seeing a profile for Ilford.

Latest posts