What printer

jeb101

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have had an HP 5610 for several years and although the printer has worked well my one time call to HP tech support - for $35.00 - the cost of ink and the HP software it loads on my computer have turned me off on anything HP.

Also, this is a SLOW printer - about 1 min a page.

I need a faster - and more economical - printer and the Lexmark pro 901 has been recommended.

We are going to be printing color flyers and it is stated it prints 30 ppm - if it only get half that it would not be too bad.

I would like a printer that I can re-fill the ink as I have been doing with the HP - with mixed results.

This 901 is on sale for less than $200.00 at several places.

My question - What would you recommend?

The one thing I don't like about what I see on the 901 is the only 50 page tray.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - take care - jb

P

printfan1138

Epson 1400 refurbished for $149.00 with a Damper type cis system. My wife loves hers and we print full color photographs usually 8x11 1/2 although this printer prints from 4x6 all the way up to 13x19 and has not skipped a beat in over 300 prints so far. The ink cost me under $60.00 for 240 mils x 6 cartridges ( It's a 6 ink printer) and that translates to the equivalent of over $2100.00 in OEM cartridges. The photo's are beautiful! We couldn't be happier. That is "Refurbished" from Epson and the printer looks as new so don't be afraid of that "refurbished" label.

jeb101

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Tks for the reply, Print - but I am looking for a 4 in 1 that I can print general use and flyers on and that I can refill. - jb

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
jeb101

What you are looking for is a Canon printer, therere fast and can be very economical with OEM refilled cartridges and good quality inks.
I would suggest you look for a refurbished older model on the Canon EBay site or Craigs list
because the older models are far easier to refill than the newer one are.. :)