What Printer to buy that takes Refillable cartridges

The Blacksmith

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi

Does anyone know what the best printer to buy is that takes refillable cartridges. I'm looking for a good quality printer that is is cost effective and can take refillable inks. We are in Canada so need a printer and supplier that is compatable with that area

may thanks:)

We'll predominantly be printing documents in Black and white, some containing colour pictures, occassionally graphs - but will require very little photo printing to photo paper.

Cheers

lolopr1

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 4800,R3000 & 9600
The Blacksmith said:
Hi

Does anyone know what the best printer to buy is that takes refillable cartridges. I'm looking for a good quality printer that is is cost effective and can take refillable inks. We are in Canada so need a printer and supplier that is compatable with that area

may thanks:)
Can you be more specific on what type of stuff you are going to be printing. Example photos, text etc...

newfiewanabe

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
The Blacksmith,
You can't go wrong with the iP3500,iP4500 etc. Canon Printers.They do an excellent job. I have a iP3500 which I bought 14 months ago. Staples always has them for sale for anywhere from $29.00 to $59.00. Buy two of them and you have the second printer and a full set of cartridges and a print head plus they are guaranteed for a full year from time of purchase. A set of cartridges alone would cost $70.00 and a print head replacement is $106.00 so the second printer makes a lot of sense to me.I have printed thousands upon thousands of pages of Car and Tractor repair Manuals. Also Thousands of Colour photos 100's are 8X10's on Glossy paper from Costco. Good quality and cheap. Probably the most interesting part is I am still using the original cartridges that came with the printer. They have never been replaced. I refill them using the Durst method which is wonderful and I have bought my inks from Atlantic Ink jets out of New Brunswick. They charge no postage for orders over $50.00. The ink I purchase comes in one litre containers but they sell smaller quantities too. They also sell reconditioned as well as new cartridges.
Hope this helps you.
Jim