What non-oem ink works well for epson xp-810?

jschmidt

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
hp c4240
I worry that cheap ink ruined my printer, but am not sure if that was the culprit. What have you all had success with? I hate having to shell out $50 each time my ink runs out!

cls

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
8560, 8570, 1400, 1500W, P50 e
go for OCP Ink
BKP 115 Matte Black
ML 141 Photo Magenta
CL 141 Photo Cyan
Y 140 Yellow
M 140 Magenta
C 142 Cyan
BK 140 Photo Black

they work just fine
where you fromj?

jschmidt

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
hp c4240
thanks but i only have 5 slots?

i reside in texas but am originally from a "super earth" planet as you all call it named zequedron-24c.

nowhere

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WFP4630, WFP4540, HP LJ

i reside in texas but am originally from a "super earth" planet as you all call it named zequedron-24c.

If you brought the printer with you, I suspect your problem is more the difference in gravity and atmosphere than the price of the ink.

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
thanks but i only have 5 slots?

Since you are in the US check out Precision Colors. You can call and talk to the owner for more info. I only use Canon printers at this time and I don't know issues about other companys' printers with chips that require resetting of the ability to refill their carts.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
http://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/epson-xp-600-and-800-series.7932/page-16#post-70359

A good read through these pages and near the end will probably show the problems you've encountered.
Aftermarket cartridge construction and materials can easily allow air to enter the contact area between inlet and sponge. It is no longer a positive seal like the old days. It requires a nice match between two surfaces with exacting characteristics and ink properties. It relies on surface tension to stop air from entering. So a nice ring of ink where two surfaces touch is the seal.
If air breaks through and enters the printhead, it will take a lot of head cleanings to clear. With aftermarket, the sealing ring of ink is weak, so cleaning has a habit of allowing air to break through....so the head clean is not always what it is supposed to do.
The standard cartridge NON XL capacity is small. A few head cleanings like what was done will empty the cartridge. Just like you encountered.

The only sane solution to these printers I found was to reuse the OEM carts but use aftermarket chips. Then Epson directly targeted these models as if for a lesson or experiment and they retain an upper hand. I have nearly given up on these printers after having invested a lot of effort and funds into special inks. Such is life. If you find a set of chips or able to downgrade etc.. fine. I got the ink and profiles. However I cannot guarantee that there is an electronic solution impervious to Epson efforts. There are alternates that are superior now.

http://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/epson-xp-600-and-800-series.7932/page-16#post-70359

Michelle

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Artisan 810
My Epson Artisan 810 just got the flashing ink pads are at the end of their life so I'm still trying to revive it back to life. I refilled mine with Precision Colors http://www.precisioncolors.com/ and got them on Ebay. I have a whole new set I may not be able to use and some left of an older set.