What new inkjet printer is easiest to refill?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Epson has Ecotank printers running much longer than Canon, the print mechanisms are the same as they used in the comparable expression home or workforce models, or the photo printers P50-L805 or 1500W-L1800, Canon apparently uses somewhat different hardware, but problem reports about printheads are not very frequent yet in other print forums. You may check with Epson/Canon whether they offer a warranty extension to 3 years if you register directly after purchase - such options vary by model/manufacturer and your country - and the time of the year - with special deals etc
You cannot count the lifetime of a printhead by time - 2 years or whatever is not relevant , nor by the number of pages printed - photo or text prints would make a big difference in ink coverage - it all relates the the total amount of inks pumped through the nozzles.
The is def. one benefit with all of the these models - no hazzles with refill , cartridge compatibility , cleaning cycles related to cartridge changes, resetter etc; although every piece of printer hardware does some cleaning cycles nevertheless as it is programmed into the firmware. - timed or after connection to the mains, after long print jobs cleaning off the nozzle plate etc - and the inks are priced much lower than in cartridges

DKirk

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880, Canon TS6251&G6050
G2510 printer - that looks to be the cheapest.
Is it any good?
How reliable are they?
How long do the print heads last for example? Somewhere I saw the printer with 2 year warranty, but the print head only with 1 year warranty.

Normally, I need an ADF, but I have this on my laser, so would consider this printer just for printing.

It is a rear feed, so it would be manual duplex, USB, no WiFi, and Windows only, not Mac OS (since they're pushing manfacturers towards Airprint. . . ) Decent enough printer, Think the heads'll do at least 30,000 pages before you need to worry about anything.

I've not personally used that model, but it's decent enough - also looks like on the Canon UK store there's £20 off the G2510 at checkout.

ice-t

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson 1500w
I always wondered , what do you do with these refillable printers if you have a clog ? i replace my cartridges with a spare set filled with the famous "Pharmacist" solution with ammonia and print a photo (purge pattern) ,
My ink is pigment, maybe when you use dye ink clogs don't appear that often (3 -4 times a year here) since i print a few photo's only every 2- 3 weeks
Epson 1500w + Inktec powerchrome k3

Last edited:

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
You can do similar cleaning actions as with a 'normal' printer - sliding the nozzle plate onto a piece of kitchen paper soaked with a cleaner - the driver - better via WICReset offers several cleaning options including a stronger cleaning cycle or the ink charge command depending on the driver . The printhead assy is the same as in regular printers except that the contacts have been removed. Ink is delivered via the ink tubes into cartridge like dampers which you can take out - with some effort depending on the printer model, you could flush the nozzles via a tube or insert a cartridge with a cleaner, it may get a little more complicated - some screws here or there - but it is basically a normal printer - only the ink delivery is modified. But to prevent most hazzles you rather should keep the printer printing now and then and not letting the idle cycles getting too long.