What is the Best inkjet for small buisness

IRMan

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
We run a small infrared thermography business. As such we do a fair amount of digital photo and thermograph printing. Approx. 2 to 4k full color prints a month. We currently use a HP 1200dtn for the network printer and the old HP 990's for desktops. We are looking to upgrade our network printer now and the desktops in the near future. We have experimented with many different papers with mixed results.
Any recommendations/comments would be appreciated.

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
With that volume of prints I would look into a color laser printer with a duty cycle to match your needs. I've seen prints from commercial quality color laser printers that are quite good.

IRMan

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
When I looked into the Laser printer market, it seemed that the durability of the prints/inks is in question with the lasers. Our reports need to "last" a few years.

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
You might want to check out the Hp Business Inkjet 2300 model, or perhaps the Business Inkjet 3000. The beauty of ths is that the 2300 uses the same #10 and 11 cartrigdes as your printer, so if you have these in quantity, you can use them. The 3000 also uses the same #10 blk cartridges, but uses the much larger # 12 carts for colour, and can print 30,000 pages per month without breaking a sweat, making it perfect to use on an network. Occasionally these can be found very cheaply on eBay....good luck!