What else can I do? (MG6210)

Leeloy

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon iP7210
Hi. :cool:

I know nifty for years, but as I'm from Brazil and do not speak English have never participated, I was always reading (Sorry, but I'm using Google Translator).

Turns out I'm a little disappointed with the Canon. My first one was Canon iP4200 printer that lasted 3 years and 6 months (Topfilling), then bought a iP4810 which lasted 2 years and 4 months (Topfilling and inks Hobbicolors) and now I have a MG6210 that doing three months and I'm already in trouble.

Now I'm using the German method and still using inks Hobbicolors.

Once a week I do nozzle check as a preventative maintenance and yesterday went like this :(

img5.imageshack.us/img5/156/x0ds.jpg

Thinking it was a problem of flow I took the cyan and knocked lightly on the bathroom sink and blew in the maze, but effortlessly paint started dripping, so do not believe is a problem inkflow.

I put the cartridge Cyan back and did another nozzle check and Cyan 2 returned to normal, but the third had only a slight improvement.

img809.imageshack.us/img809/4379/08q4.jpg

I took the cartridge again and put one drop of windex on top of the print head where the cartridge is inserted and then ran some cilclos cleaning (never deep cleaning). And the end result was this ...

img24.imageshack.us/img24/8770/ga6g.jpg

After that I took the print head and put under a absolvent paper moistened with warm distilled water and a little Windex. Waited out all the ink, sometimes dripping I Windex with distilled water at the top to remove any ink. And when the ink never left I put my head in the printer, but there was no improvement.

What can I do more? :barnie

Note: Here in Brazil has not Windex, then used a glass cleaning product that also has ammonia.

Again, sorry for english Google and thank you for your patience.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
The first image looked like you may have had a bad print head.

The second image looked much improved and I was less concerned about a bad print head and more likely clog and/or ink starvation.

The third image demonstrates continued improvement. You are close to a perfect nozzle check.

Initially, I would have either purged and refilled the Cyan cartridge or tried a new Cyan cartridges. Blowing into the cartridge may give a false sense of security about ink flow.

At this point I would still change or purge the current Cyan cartridge in order to take it out of the equation of what is the problem. If a nozzle check is not perfect then either wait over night and retry the nozzle check. If there is still banding on the nozzle check then soak the print head over night. If you are unsure about the cleaning solution you are using, then either use Pharmacist's cleaning solution (http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5992) (you do not need to use propylene glycol or glycerin to clean the cartridge) or post exactly what you are using (name, manufacturer and ingredients) and someone will let you know if it's good.

Hang in there. You are close to resolving your issue.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Your last nozzle check was pretty good but still not right yet, so do as stratman said purge (Clean) the cyan cartridge and refill it again,
then try another head clean and nozzle check.

Please dont be tempted to print anything while you still have a poor nozzle check,
the main problem you have is your cyan cartridge (Ink Starvation) and not the print head,
so theres no need to bother with that.

Do you use a resetter on your chips or have you disabled the ink monitoring,
the reason I asked is it possible that you may have actually run out of cyan ink..

Leeloy

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon iP7210
stratman said:
The first image looked like you may have had a bad print head.

The second image looked much improved and I was less concerned about a bad print head and more likely clog and/or ink starvation.

The third image demonstrates continued improvement. You are close to a perfect nozzle check.

Initially, I would have either purged and refilled the Cyan cartridge or tried a new Cyan cartridges. Blowing into the cartridge may give a false sense of security about ink flow.

At this point I would still change or purge the current Cyan cartridge in order to take it out of the equation of what is the problem. If a nozzle check is not perfect then either wait over night and retry the nozzle check. If there is still banding on the nozzle check then soak the print head over night. If you are unsure about the cleaning solution you are using, then either use Pharmacist's cleaning solution (nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5992) (you do not need to use propylene glycol or glycerin to clean the cartridge) or post exactly what you are using (name, manufacturer and ingredients) and someone will let you know if it's good.

Hang in there. You are close to resolving your issue.
Thanks for listening, stratman.

I forgot to mention that I used this tutorial with the Cyan cartridge.
nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5382
But I have not used anything to clean up (water, ammonia), because I just took the paint and when not exit any more ink on the paper I filled the cartridge again. You suggest I do it again, but this time using something to clean?

However, I tested it with another cartridge Cyan old I have here (my old iP4810) and the result was the same, no change. Yet you think valid buy a new cartridge?

Only after I make sure the cartridge is not advised that you soak the printhead in solution Pharmacist's, got it right?

thx :D

The Hat said:
Your last nozzle check was pretty good but still not right yet, so do as stratman said purge (Clean) the cyan cartridge and refill it again,
then try another head clean and nozzle check.

Please dont be tempted to print anything while you still have a poor nozzle check,
the main problem you have is your cyan cartridge (Ink Starvation) and not the print head,
so theres no need to bother with that.

Do you use a resetter on your chips or have you disabled the ink monitoring,
the reason I asked is it possible that you may have actually run out of cyan ink..
Thanks for listening, The Hat.

I did not find a tutorial to make a cleaning cartridge when the refill German method. The only thing I had done was to drain using this tutorial
nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5382
And then immediately filled again, and nothing has changed.
Should I drain again and put the cartridge in distilled water and then drain again and put ink?

You can let out a nozzle check while not perfect I will not print anything ;)

I have these ARC chips (auto reset chip) and the cartridge is weighing 18g.

thx :D

Edit: I found how to do the cleaning when using the German method :)
nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=8458

But even after having already drained and tested another cartridge (even if old) I do it?