What do you think about the HP Photosmart AIO C309a?

coldboot

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
My Kodak ESP-3 AIO is shot. I need a well-made AIO (preferably with FAX). I've read and read countless reviews, and it seems that no one is happy with any of them (all makes/models). All seem to use too much ink; too many operating bugs, etc. The relatively new HP Photosmart Premium FAX AIO Series C309a printer seems too new to have a great number of reviews, but seems to have a better-than-average good/negative review ratio. The ink consumption is on the high side (somewhat expensive use), but seems to fit the bill for a lot of people. As usual, many users have problems with the wireless connectivity. Not a problem for me, as I want to use the USB connection.

I wasn't sure that I could connect my telephone and answering machine (in series) from an outgoing connection for the FAX, so I called HP tech support for advice. It appears that I can still use my phone and answering machine OK. After discussing my desire to have a good AIO with FAX, the tech rep said that the C309a is good, but if I wanted the best, then I should consider the L7780. The tech rep's office uses that model.

The L7780 sure gets slammed in most of the reviews (a lot of software implementation issues), and I'm not sure about the ink quality and ink consumption, but the reviews have me wary of this model. So, I'm really considering the HP C309a. Can anyone provide some honest opinion about this printer for light home use? If you don't think this would be a good AIO, please suggest one that is (dependable, reasonable ink consumption/cost).

All replies welcome. Thanks.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
If you hurry, you could get this Canon MP780 on eBay: item #110403927110

You'll probably have to buy a new print head for $50 or so.

Or you could bid on item #350216099648 and get the same printer plus a computer and monitor.

coldboot

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks, but I think I'll pass. I'm not much of a technician either, and I have absolutely no need of another computer and monitor. I do appreciate your reply.

coldboot

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I just bought this, anyway....