What Are You Currently Printing Today?

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I had no ideia that this was a different content. My canon does not recognize my cartridge since I am using the refillable one with original ink. Without getting too much away from original topic, can you show us if the content is much better?
I think the contents and quality of the two sites are similar. I think the quality of the "Duck" file in this post is the same as your French bulldog. I think the free site is easier to navigate. I attach a screen shot of the start page of the premium site, click to enlarge.

CPP1.jpg

Last edited:

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Good question given the response you got.

Here's what Nifty said in the beginning:

Also, note his image in that 1st post - it has 2D and 3D printers in it. And, you were correct in what thread this appears - Everything Else in the Miscellaneous forum. That's about as far away from the 3D forum as it gets.

To answer your question... It is printing of any kind. 2D, 3D, DTF, DTG, dot matrix, laser, lithography, silkscreen, circuit boards, etc ... what are you printing?

I will be printing a Christmas card for my sister who finds expensive store bought cards ridiculous. If it's more than $0.50 - $1 then it is too much money. I figure $0.10 at most for her homemade card will be appreciated by both of us.
Brilliantly stated, thank you @stratman !

Yes, this thread is for all types of printing... it just so happens that with my kids being older there isn't much need for me to color-print as much... and my big hobby has been 3D printing... so I can definitely understand the confusion.

... but it's why I put this thread in the "Everything Else" category of the forum :)

For me: I've been printing some boring legal documents on my trusty Brother Laser printer... and also designing / printing a bunch of standoff posts for the electric fence I needed to install to keep the coyotes away from my chickens (our neighborhood hasn't had coyotes in the area for the 45 years I've been living here... SUPER bizarre, especially considering we're in a pretty suburban area).

1639510112974.png

Lelopes

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon IX6810
Edit: Almost forgot, here is a 3d render from the same model and how it should look like after building it.
Captura de tela 2022-03-03 022802.png
So... This is very rough, raft quality and two very, very, very old and wet filaments I had sitting for over 3 or 4 years... But:
(Again, potato phone pics, from someone that's sleep drunk. Lol)
But I finally get my printer to print again, replaced the old ramps with a cheap Skr mini V3 e3.
Loved the sensor less homing and the silent TMC 2209.

Attachments

• IMG_20220303_020037082.jpg
    IMG_20220303_020037082.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_20220303_012523489.jpg
    IMG_20220303_012523489.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_20220226_031817025.jpg
    IMG_20220226_031817025.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:

Lelopes

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon IX6810
That’s a whole new concept on designing.. Way outside my league..:(
Not really sure what exactly you are referring to... But I sure will take the compliment.
:celebrate

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Edit: Almost forgot, here is a 3d render from the same model and how it should look like after building it.
View attachment 13833So... This is very rough, raft quality and two very, very, very old and wet filaments I had sitting for over 3 or 4 years... But:
(Again, potato phone pics, from someone that's sleep drunk. Lol)
But I finally get my printer to print again, replaced the old ramps with a cheap Skr mini V3 e3.
Loved the sensor less homing and the silent TMC 2209.
That's incredible! Thank you for sharing it!

I'm mostly frustrated I can't "react" to your post with a "LOVE" and "WOW" together! ;)

The render is beautiful and the print is awesome!

What are the rough dimensions? I see the coin for reference (smart!!) but still having a hard time wrapping my head around it.

Did you print it in parts and then attach?

I keep seeing ads for this board over and over and over... and I'm about || close to buying one and slapping it into my CR-10!

Lelopes

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon IX6810
That's incredible! Thank you for sharing it!

I'm mostly frustrated I can't "react" to your post with a "LOVE" and "WOW" together! ;)

The render is beautiful and the print is awesome!

What are the rough dimensions? I see the coin for reference (smart!!) but still having a hard time wrapping my head around it.

Did you print it in parts and then attach?

I keep seeing ads for this board over and over and over... and I'm about || close to buying one and slapping it into my CR-10!
Thank you, so very much! :clap
I printed in segments and glued them together, there are a lot of missing pieces yet, even small ones like windows and the perfurated copper courtain wall (Will use Clear petg and copper filament for those) . The model isn't that big, it is just my print bed is the old mk2 model (200mmx200mm). Roughly about 411mm x 220mm.
I will attach a PrintScreen from my second-floor plan with a few measures, font is bigger than the real sheet so we can read it. (with a lot of irrelevant text, structures, and information layers turned off. lol)
Measures are in meters and the 3d printed model is on a 1:100 scale. That means that if it reads 5.73 in floor plan, the 3d print model will have 5.73cm or 57.3mm
1646359690102.png

I only got this board because it was the better cost x benefit ratio here. But if you are willing to wait a little bit, I would go for the SKR 2 (no mini) and TMC 2209. The mini-series has soldered stepper drivers, This means that if any goes brrrr, the whole board will be garbage.
But, if you are ok with replacing the board in such case, it would fit your needs like a charm. I always compile my firmware from zero, but BTT provides firmware for direct replacement in your case. They provide the Marlin firmware AND Klipper. Once I find some Pi on the market (with a fair price that is) I will try Klipper, but Marlin is working just fine with this board with one exception: If you use bltouch, you can't activate the ADAPTIVE_STEP_SMOOTHING (check it here).

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Currently printing: Strap Clip

I purchased a big roll of "webbing" strapping:
https://amzn.to/3tw5Wo2

I was honestly VERY surprised the roll was still in one nice circle in the bag. Not a single bit of clips, tape, wrapping, or anything.

Picking it up, I could tell it was BEGGING to unwind.

I couldn't find something online that would do the trick, so I threw one together in Tinkercad:

1646356968395.png

It's working GREAT!!

(printed a few different sizes to test)

strap-clip.jpg

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
I printed in segments and glued them together, there are a lot of missing pieces yet, even small ones like windows and the perfurated copper courtain wall (Will use Clear petg and copper filament for those) . The model isn't that big, it is just my print bed is the old mk2 model (200mmx200mm). Roughly about 411mm x 220mm.
I will attach a PrintScreen from my second-floor plan with a few measures, font is bigger than the real sheet so we can read it. (with a lot of irrelevant text, structures, and information layers turned off. lol)
Measures are in meters and the 3d printed model is on a 1:100 scale. That means that if it reads 5.73 in floor plan, the 3d print model will have 5.73cm or 57.3mm
1646359690102.png
That's awesome! Very impressed!
I only got this board because it was the better cost x benefit ratio here. But if you are willing to wait a little bit, I would go for the SKR 2 (no mini) and TMC 2209. The mini-series has soldered stepper drivers, This means that if any goes brrrr, the whole board will be garbage.
Ahh... good points! I hadn't thought about that consideration, thanks!