Waste ink reset code/procedure/software for an epson NX415

speedracer

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hello all. I purchased an Epson NX415 printer and have attached a CISS system to it. I also am bypassing the internal waste ink by adding a piece of tubing and allowing it to drain into a bottle on the floor. This all appears to be working just fine so far. I am printing a LOT so I am sure at some point in time the printer will 'think' the waste ink pads are full. As it is now redirected it means nothing but I am sure the printer will let me know its 'full'. How is the waste ink reset? Is it by software - if YES then where can I get it? IF by means of pushing/holding some printer buttons what is the sequence to follow? Any help will be appreciated. THANKS.....

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
The WICReset is a new 3rd party reset service/utility to come out and while your particular model isn't listed, the SX415 is...

I'd recommend giving the utility a try to see if your printer turns up as supported or not...

If not, use the "Email" function on here to let me know with details of your model (so I know who you are :)) and an email address you can be reached on. I can then pass those on to the developer who will probably contact you to test the development version against your printer and add it to the list.

EDIT: Forgot to add, that if it is compatible then I have reset keys available via the OctoInkjet store, and the waste ink kits to resolve the waste problem afterwards.

*wanders off wondering how he missed the opportunity to promote himself... must be slipping... old age?.. Lack of sleep?*