Wanted: EMPTY PGI-5 and CLI-8 carts (with chips)

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Bit of an odd one this but I've started providing CIS adapted iP4200 printers for a few people recently and in the process found that it's actually much more sensible for me to use empty cartridges instead of adapting and installing ones that are already full. Main reasons being that I can accept the "Your warranty is just hosed man" message before I give the printer to the end user without having to print 500 sheets of stuff first ;)

So, what I'm after is anyones emptys for the iP4200 or iP5200 as per the list below:
> PGI-5 (black)
> CLI-8PK
> CLI-8C
> CLI-8Y
> CLI-8M

I'm offering to pay postage and packing and a small return for each cartridge set of $5 (via Paypal) and would prefer to get a large batch if anyone has loads of these carts hanging around already :p

So, if you have a bunch and can help then please drop me a line...

cwl_999

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I've got an ip4200 already and interested in a CIS system. Do you sell the CIS kit?? Would you be able to supply the parts for me to DIY it with my current carts.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
cwl_999 said:
I've got an ip4200 already and interested in a CIS system. Do you sell the CIS kit?? Would you be able to supply the parts for me to DIY it with my current carts.
Hmm... Well I know I have more or less all the parts available already and a system that works pretty well.. What I don't feel so confident with is how well something like that would travel..

If you're interested I have to build another two units when everything I need arrives, so I can document the process I use. I'm buying in parts to complete this in bulk so I can provide you with the parts required.

The tricky part is actually obtaining some of the tools you need such as the vacuum system for priming the cartridges although an I've seen an alternative approach that doesn't require it.

I'm starting to put this stuff together on continuousink.info so if you want to shift discussion to there I'll happily share my guide there... Alternatively you could wait to see who brings out a CIS for the iP4200..