Very,very strange canon ip4000 printhead problem!!!

quartertothree

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi,
I have 2 canon ip4000 printers both were working great until i started messing around with one

Anyway the one i started to mess around with stopped printing the large black cart.So i swapped the printhead from the good printer and tried in it the now faulty printer.Again the large black would not print.

So i put the printhead back in the good printer and now the large black cart will not print!.So i buy a new printhead and that worked great(in the non messed up printer) So i buy another printhead for the printer i messed with and straight away it will not print from the large black cart.So again i try the printhead in the good printer and it does not print from the large black cart!

I haven't a clue what is going on!.It's seems the messed up printer is somehow breaking brand new printheads! And screwing up the large black cart part of the printhead.It's like the printer no longer sees the large black cart somehow?

Anyone got any ideas what is going on?

Thanks!

tyamada

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Your bad printer is shorting out the new print heads. Quit using good print heads in the bad printer. If you want to keep the bad printer get it fixed.