Very strange refill adapter Canon BCI-3/6 CLI-8

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Does someone know how I should use this very strange refill adapter: the ones I've seen on several websites show normally a round silicon pad underneath it, which is completely sealed. You can actually see the tooth sticker through that strange hole.

How should this strange adapter used to refill Canon's BCI-3/6 and CLI-8 cartridges ?

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=573162&forum_id=40

Sorry I have to link to this site, since I don't know how to place pictures on this site !

chippedoff

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi.

There's another posting somewhere on this forum with a similar adaptor.

There have been several "variations on a theme" of this means of refilling.

As will all refilling, this technique is dependent on the condition of the sponges in the cartridges themselves.

Though it may work for a first time refill, I have serious doubts on the second attempt.

It's odd that they would flip over the cart to inject from above. While it might make some sense, it won't prevent ink from bypassing the sponges and squirting out the air vent at the top of the cart.

Just about every exit port refilling adaptor i've seen had the cart right side up when refilling. The air has to go somewhere.

Lastly. The idea for the bci-3-6 carts is to get even distribution of ink in both the sponge side and inkwell side without any residual air pockets, vents clear, and fill holes properly sealed.

Each brand of carts seems to be different when it comes to the sponges. Some have two, or three or even one.

Though canon's authentic carts seem to be the best.

There are several intriguing bottom fill techniques on this forum. The bottom line is to have "patience". Refilling takes time and you can't inject ink into a cartridge as if you were playing with a super soaker toy water gun.

Enjoy.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
pharmacist said:
Sorry I have to link to this site, since I don't know how to place pictures on this site !
Uploading pictures is really easy. Just click on the Upload link near the top of this page and follow the instructions.