very large font when second printer is connected

Paul W.

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1430 HP 932 Canon iP8720
I have two printers, #1 is an Epson 1430 and #2 is an HP Deskjet 932 (my old workhorse!). They take turns using a USB cable to the computer and hence to their respective printer.

When a workflow starts with the Epson connected via the USB, the printer puts out and the fonts behave as they should. Then I disconnect the cable from the Epson and reconnect it to the HP. Now, all is not well. The HP prints out the text remaining from the Epson and they are enormous. I'm unable to clear out the line.

Please contact me if this is not clear. Thanks all!

Paul

Last edited:

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
The HP prints out the text remaining from the Epson
I'm not really clear about what you are doing - starting a printjob on the Epson printer, switching the connection - the USB cable to the HP and trying to finish the Epson print job ?
Why don't you just connect both printers with separate cables to the computer - via a little USB hub if you are short of USB connections, and start the printjobs separately either for the Epson or the HP printer as needed.

Last edited:

crgrove

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-10, Epson XP-960
......The HP prints out the text remaining from the Epson and they are enormous......
This part is particularly confusing, Paul. Why is the Epson printout interrupted? And why would you assume that just switching to a second printer would be okay or even work?
As far as how printers receive instructions from computers, THAT MAY be the issue here. Epsons and HPs aren't going to use exactly the same Printer Control Language (which translates fonts and bitmaps) and even they were close, the translation won't be exactly the same.

Paul W.

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1430 HP 932 Canon iP8720
This part is particularly confusing, Paul. Why is the Epson printout interrupted? And why would you assume that just switching to a second printer would be okay or even work?
As far as how printers receive instructions from computers, THAT MAY be the issue here. Epsons and HPs aren't going to use exactly the same Printer Control Language (which translates fonts and bitmaps) and even they were close, the translation won't be exactly the same.
Well, it may look like the printout was interrupted intentionally. I didn't realize there was still something in the queue. I was simply trying to switch printers - turned out to not be simple! Your second paragraph contains the notion that the Printer Control Language is different for each printer - that makes a lot of sense.

Thanks for your input!