User comments on Canon IP4300

dparadowski

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I would like some user comments on the ip4300, Especially the refilling aspect. I have read on a few user reviews that there is no way to disable the ink warning in order to use refilled cartridges like on the 4200 and 5200. Is this true? Also I read that it can be done, but once it is done it take much longer to start printing, the user said "you have to jump through hoops to get it to print using refilled cartridges". Has anybody noticed this?

I am thinking about getting this to replace a 5200 that has a few blocked nozzles that just won't come unplugged. The cost of this printer is cheaper than a new head, and the specs seem to be about the same.

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
dparadowski said:
I have read on a few user reviews that there is no way to disable the ink warning in order to use refilled cartridges like on the 4200 and 5200. Is this true?
Not true to my ip4300. All my cartridges are now refilled many times. None of the LED is on. All warning messages are disabled. I just keep printing and printing. The ink level status is disabled as expected. I check ink level once a week and everything works.

dparadowski said:
Also I read that it can be done, but once it is done it take much longer to start printing, the user said "you have to jump through hoops to get it to print using refilled cartridges". Has anybody noticed this?
No. My ip4300 prints immediately. Nothing unusual to me. It's one of the fastest text printers I ever had. It prints very fast even in high quality mode. When an ip4000 prints text in high quality mode it would be as slow as printing photos. But ip4300 still prints as fast as it should in printing text.

dparadowski said:
I am thinking about getting this to replace a 5200 that has a few blocked nozzles that just won't come unplugged. The cost of this printer is cheaper than a new head, and the specs seem to be about the same.
I don't know about ip5200. But ip4300 is a best value printer to get. It has about double the number of nozzles of an ip4000 or MP780. It is easy to refill and it is cheap.