Used pro-1000 ink tanks

Ketil Wright

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 1000
Hi

What's the general feeling on what to do with used ink tanks for the pro-1000?

I have had this printer since January 2021, and have only now had to replace an ink tank. I print about every 2 days.

While I don't inclined to refill tanks on the printer, I'd rather not toss it. Is there interest out there to recycle these things for refilling?

I don't intend to send a single one off, but once all or most of them are empty, I'd be happy to make them available (for shipping costs) to anyone who can keep them out of land fills.

In the event there is interest, is there a best practice for storing empty carts? My now deceased pro-10 carts had an orange cap which seemed to prevent them drying out. There isn't such a thing on the pro-1000 carts.

Thanks
Ketil

Last edited:

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
A very generous offer, Ketil. I don’t own a Pro1000 myself but I’m sure other users here would make good use of your empty carts. Even if the chip is in empty condition, people interested in refilling can buy a single use chip or simply disable ink monitoring.

Don’t be concerned about these cartridges drying out. The orange caps of the Pro10 carts prevent clogs by dried ink in the outlet pad, but no need for them in a Pro1000 cart, there’s no sponge at all. They’re just a container and a chip.

Ketil Wright

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 1000
I now have a complete set of empty Canon pro 1000 cartridges, which I would like to offer gratis to anyone who can make use of them. I thought I had another one around, but don't see it now. Probably one of the "most used", which in my case is yellow or CO.

I can send them to the 1st person in the lower 48 to send me a PM with details.

Regards

Ketil

Ketil Wright

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 1000
Just a heads up that I still have these empty Pro-1000 ink bottles (a full set). I will hang on to them a bit longer, but not forever.

Latest posts