Urgent help canon i560

khalid826

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
After rinsing the head of the canon i560 for the purpose of cleaning in a hot water i found a new prolem in this printer its briefly blinking of orange light 5 times and green one time and i have no idea about that so please i need your urgent help .... my great thanks in advance

jackson

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Although the users manual does not address the leds blinking in the combination that you mention, the following might help:

"Five flashes: No print head installed/Defective print head

Install the print head. Also, ensure that the protective tape has been removed.

If reinstalling the print head does not solve the problem, replace it with a new one. Contact a Canon service representative.

'
'
'

POWER lamp flashes alternate green and orange:

An error that requires contacting a Canon service representative may have occurred.

Turn the printer off and unplug the printer from the power supply. Plug the printer back in and turn the printer back on after leaving it about 10 minutes.

If the problem remains, contact a Canon service representative."

Grandad35

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900 (plus 5 spares)
This post (http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=241) shows the back of the circuit board on a print head, showing that the EEPROM leads are not sealed. If you got water into this area during the cleaning procedure, there could be residual minerals from the water that were deposited on these leads, affecting the electrical operation of the print head - the inputs on these chips typically draw only 0.1 microamp (http://www.atmel.com/dyn/resources/prod_documents/doc0180.pdf). This might explain the error sequences that Jackson listed.

Use a syringe to squirt rubbing alcohol into the area between the print head and the circuit board to redisolve any such deposits, blow it out with compressed air (or canned air) and let it dry for 8 hours in a warm, dry area to see if this helps.

khalid826

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
great thanks to all of you but the question is Did the hot water can damage the head ??

Grandad35

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900 (plus 5 spares)
Probably not, as long as you only used water that was 160 degrees F or less. There is sometimes a heat sink that is glued onto the printhead, and hot water will sometimes cause the glue to fail and the heat sink to come loose. Remember that the circuit boards are exposed to liquid solder for several seconds at 400-600 degrees during manufacture and that the nozzles themselves have small internal heaters that heat to about 600 degrees F to fire the ink bubbles, so the print heads are designed to withstand some heat.

Let us know if cleaning/drying the circuit board makes a difference. Also be sure to use a soft rubber eraser to GENTLY clean the exposed contacts on the back of the circuit board.